22.9.11

Observational Photography

I love the hazy reflections on the desks and ambient light from the red blinds; their glow makes the dimly lit classroom seem very atmospheric.
;
I love the striking lines and colours in this image.
I really like the contrast of textures and colours as your eyes move across the image; the traditional rough stone on the left turns into a graphic lined pattern. The black windows help to enhance the pattern as they lead the viewer's eyes towards the right.



I think this image is interesting because the setting encourages you to be curious.  All the doors are open and the light becomes brighter as your eyes move into the centre. This focuses your attention on the bizarre mannequin peering through the doorway.  
I like the impression this image gives of the library's emptiness and stillness.



1 comment:

  1. A really good set of photos the one with the model is fantastic a really good example of observational opportunism.

    ReplyDelete